Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Favorite HNT

A camera is a time machine". So observed Anna Quindlen in an article in Time magazine's excellent "Person of the Year" issue recently.

Osbasso, the wonderful innovator of "Half-Nekkid Thursday", instructed us to look back in the time machine this week and pick our favorite HNT photo of the year. Not the most popular. My favorite, chosen only by me.

I did 41 HNT pictures this year. I revealed way more of me than I ever thought I would and am glad I did. HNT allowed me to express myself for better or worse.

As I looked back through the 41 pics, it told me the story that you all know. I spent a lot of time this year in hotel rooms, in my underwear, blogging. You all got to see a lot of my underwear (and more!) this year.

So, I chose this picture (#13, May '06) to represent that. I took the picture one night as I was seated at a desk in who knows what city, blogging in my underwear. I just picked up my camera and pointed it down.



I like the picture, personally. It just appeals to me, as a hack wannabe photographer, from a compositional and texture perspective. The red color pops, visually. It's evocative, and possibly erotic, without being explicit. It fits "semi-celibate erotica". At least I thinks so. So, this is my pick.

1st runner up was the picture that I use as an avatar, me in a towel.

The reader's choice, based on the feedback I got at the time was the "commando" jeans picture, posted here one more time as well.

HNT #35: Jeans

In the same issue of Time magazine, a writer quoted the internet variation of Andy Warhol's assertion that in the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. It goes like this:

On the internet, everyone is famous to 15 people


I don't do much to promote this blog, and I certainly don't feel famous. But, HNT gave me the chance to meet at least 15 wonderful bloggers, and I appreciate the virtual friendship of all of you. I believe I was important to a few of you, as you were to me. The HNT community was a source of happiness for me this year, and that's all I can ask for.

Props to the wizard, Osbasso, for creating this wonderful community.

Happy Half-Nekkid Thursday, everyone.


posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 7:58 PM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home