Thursday, January 08, 2009

Les Miz Therapy

"My soul belongs to God, I know
I made that bargain long ago
He gave me hope when hope was gone
He gave me strength to carry on"


"Who am I", Les Miserables

Let me just say that I love the musical Les Miserables. Love it. I can sing all of the songs. I've seen it several times and would pay to see it again in a heartbeat. What a deep, rich, inspiring storyline.

When I'm in a deep funk I put it on and listen and sing. It helps. Therapeutically.

I'm not sure if it's enough to pull me out of my current funk, but I'm trying it again. Sing it with me....Who am I? I'm Jean val Jean. When I think of my sons, I sing the hauntingly beautiful "Bring Him Home."

I think I'm working it out in my vivid dreams this week.

- one where I'm getting a divorce
- one very hot sex dream
- one weird but great dream where I was somewhere in Europe selling a motorcycle to get on a cruise ship

Last night was my classic stress dream - where I'm back in college. I have that one a lot. This one had a twist though. I was my current age, taking a business class. I had a low tolerance for the immature college age kids, and their unseriousness. Same for the young lady teaching the course. So, I did my own thing. She got in my face for tuning out and not paying attention, and I took none of it and got back in her face. Just a dream.

Now, back to Les Miserables and the barricades!
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 5:20 PM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home