Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Semi-Funky


I'm back, for the most part, from the disturbingly deep funk that I dropped into for the last few days. The holidays, some family dynamics, and the never ending icestorm were taking me down.

I appreciate the advice that I got to try anti-depressant medication. I do. My doctor has recommended it, actually. It's not for me though. My thought about it is this: some days depression is the only rational response to my life situation. It's temporary, and I get through it. Snap myself out of it.

It was time today to snap out of it today. I took some steps to feel human again. A long hot soapy shower. Some fresh clean new boxer briefs. A short masculine haircut. Some time outside.

Though I have three more family gatherings in the next two weeks that have the potential to take me down again, I'm optimistic.

I'm up. I'm frisky. Bring it on...
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 10:50 PM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home