Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rebuilding My Home


If you walked into my house on any given day, you would recognize it as a metaphor for my marriage.

Crumbling. Cluttered (to understate it greatly). Chaos.

You would attribute it to the state of the two overwhelmed care-takers: defeated.

We are. For the most part, we've given up.

I still don't want to giveup. I'm not leaving. And, I'm tired of walking around defeated.

I've made major changes in my life. Changed careers and got off of the road. I'm home now, spending time with my family.

Lately, I've been inspired by the show "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition" to take one more step and to rebuild my home emotionally, by rebuilding my home physically.

Fix the many items in disrepair. Even though my kids break things faster than I can fix them - I have to get ahead of that.

Re-purpose many of the rooms. Use physical space to create separation from conflict in a good way.

Banish the clutter. It would lift our morale.

My wife deserves to live in a better home than we do currently. We all do. I am not a handyman - far from it. But I can try.

Rebuilding my home, as a metaphor. Wish me luck.

And I'll see you at Home Depot.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 12:04 PM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home