Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Blogger Makes the Late Show

Congratulations to Ms. Diablo Cody - a writer turned blogger turned stripper turned author - who made an awesome appearance on David Letterman's Late Show last night!

She was there to promote her book, "Candy Girl", which I've reviewed here on SCE. She was terrific and she more than held her own with Dave, who was smitten with her.

Diablo is living many blogger's dream of turning their blog, in her case "Pussy Ranch" which is linked on my sidebar", into a successful book.

I had some aspirations and delusions to that end when I was writing "DanceFan" for a couple of years. I thought I had a shot of turning it into an interesting and readable book. Assuming for a wild moment that I could have, I would have a problem though. Blogging is by nature an anonymous pastime and book selling is not. I could never do a book tour! So, I'll have to live with telling my stories in blog form - which is easily enough for me.

Here's to blogging, and one blogger who has made it mainstream! Well deserved congratulations to Ms. Diablo Cody.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 8:44 AM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home