Sunday, June 18, 2006

a Blessing to be a Father

I need Father's Day at least once a year. It helps me to focus on one of my most awesome responsibilities.

I've long been blessed to be a son, of a father who is one of the kindest men on the planet.

And for some time now I've been blessed to be a father to two young boys. Some days it's a pleasure. Many days it's a trial. But it's always a blessing.

I got to spend good time with them this weekend. Having fun with them. Sharing sadness with them. Worshipping with them. Teaching them.

They are as different from me as they are from each other. Always a challenge. Often a joy. Always a blessing.

Here's to the two young men - who I love very much - who give me one of my identities: a Father.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 8:13 PM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home