Monday, May 22, 2006

Wake Me Up Inside

CD's. Music. They get me down the road on my long commute each day.

I was in a rut. Listening to the same tracks over and over. Skipping through the many bad tracks to get to the few good ones. So, I pulled out my CD case to shake things up. I pulled out a few that I hadn't listened to for a while. Santana. Buffett. Nelly. Toby Keith. Avril Lavigne.

And then I saw it. The black one. Evanescence.

Popped it in. Skipped to track 2. Cranked it up.

"Wake me up", or whatever it's called. An awesome song. Power guitar. Gothic lyrics hanutingly sung. Repeat. Again. This may be one of the purest songs ever put together.

Dark lyrics though. Including this line, which popped out at me:

"Now that I know what I'm without, you can't just leave me"

Believe me - I'm the semi-celibate man. I know what I'm without. And it's haunting me right now.

"Bid my blood to run, before I come undone"

I need to get laid.

Instead, I'll probably just listen to more CD's.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 10:14 AM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home