Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Loss in Our Naughty Community

I have no Half-Nekkid Thursday (HNT) post today, at the request of Osbasso, in memory of Betcha - a fellow HNT blogger who reportedly was killed in an auto accident. A tragic loss of a young lady in her prime. Very sad.

It's a moment that makes you think. Us bloggers form a unique community. A self-selected group that is simultaneously talented and disfunctional enough to want to document our lives and share our real thoughts with strangers. A virtual, online family. Us bloggers who participate in HNT are an even stranger and delightful subset of the community. And, judging by our reaction to losing someone we never met, a cyber family. We seem to all genuinely all feel the loss, which is not rationally explainable other that being an anonymous family.

It makes you think as well about your own web mortality. I've pondered this question before here: what would happen to this blog if I died suddenly? Answer: nothing. None of you would ever know. No one in my real life knows about this blog. No one. So no one would be able to tip any of you off as to what happened. I would just simply stop posting. Not that it matters, in the bigger scheme of things. Really.

So, in lieu of an HNT pic, I'll just continue with the picture theme I have running this month. Keep blogging! And:

Click on the image below for Day 11 of:

"January's 31 Days of My Dick" (NSFW - over 18 please!)

HNT #35: Jeans
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 12:27 AM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home