Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pausing to Give Thanks

It's easy to get down and discouraged with all the long days on the road and the many nights in hotels lately away from my family. The pace is wearing on me, no doubt. I'm up nights with insomnia, and I wake up most mornings trying to clear my head and remember what city I am in.

But this week, especially this week, I'm not going to get discouraged. I'm going to be thankful.

Thankful for my job, even though it has it's costs.

Thankful for my wife and my marriage, even though it's strained and semi-celibate.

Thankful for my beautiful and precious boys, who are often a handful and more often a blessing.

And, thankful here for my supportive blogging family, who allow me to express and create.

Have a meaningful and restful Thanksgiving holiday everyone. I plan to.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 1:43 AM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home