Friday, October 20, 2006

Dating Myself in Paradise, Redux

I wrote a post last year on my "DanceFan" blog called Dating Myself in Paradise. It was about being in a magnificent scenic locale, enjoying fine things, indulging my senses and my creativity. It was about not being able to share that experience with my mate. With anyone.

It was about loneliness on the road, to be more precise.

I'm experiencing that feeling again today. Another day today seeing beauty and majesty. Another day today thrilling my mind capturing that beauty on film. Another evening tonight enjoying a fine meal.

Another day alone.

I don't want to whine too much. I am really blessed to get to go where I've gone and see what I've seen over the years. Awe inspiring sights and adventures. My jobs have given me that gift.

But is it lonely on the road, as someone observed to me in an email last week?

Absolutely. Crushingly so.
posted by Semi-Celibate Man @ 12:28 AM | 0 comments

0 comments

<< Home